Friday, October 10, 2014

A new venture in Classical criticism

Welcome to my blog!  After years of reviewing on Amazon, I have decided to embark on a solo venture.  I intend to use this site as a way of publicizing my reviews, which I will post here with a special emphasis on new releases.

But I also intend to use this platform to regularly follow news in Classical music.  I feel I have a unique voice in the classical world and want to share my thoughts with the world.  I am young, not yet twenty, yet my passion for Classical music is strong, and I trust others will catch my enthusiasm. I will attempt to listen with a critical ear and convey that in my reviews, as I have for years on Amazon.  But I wish to avoid the pitfalls of snobbery and cynicism, two traits in the critical musical world that I find off-putting, and I believe I am not alone.

So welcome, and thanks for your patience as I get used to the blogging format, as this is my first blogging venture.

1 comment:

  1. Its great to have a new voice with fresh opinions--keep it up

    ReplyDelete